GE Power Conversion is looking to:
- Proactively inform customers of its product and product platform life cycle status,
- Offer Last Time buys (LTB) and create material reserves,
- Develop alternate solutions for upgrades and replacements for its customers whenever possible based on market conditions.
Product platforms for Power Electronics might be for instance control cabinet, cooling units, Inverter/DC capacitors and ILC (Local controls), network rectifiers and associated pre-magnetization transformers, etc.
Different life cycle phases
Based on the above approach, each product family and each product platform shall be classified as being in one of the five life cycle stages as per below.
- Restricted–Newly developed state of the art product, or customer specific development.
- Active–The product is fully released & supported. Product will undergo regular feature enhancements. Component obsolescence & bugs will be addressed.
- Limited–Factory production will cease accordingly to the factory plan. Products are no longer the latest technology offering or GE Power Conversion no longer intends to pursue this current generation of the product. Component obsolescence & bugs will be addressed. New solutions and upgrade paths may be developed.
- Post-production–Factory production of new units has ceased. Spare parts and upgrades are available & supported. Migration packages (if any) are available. Obsolescence & critical bugs will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Obsolete–Factory production of spare parts and upgrades will cease. Remanufactured, exchanged and repair & return (R&R) parts cannot be guaranteed and are subject to component availability. Please contact us to discuss potential services options.