GE Power Conversion’s 2 poles turbo synchronous motors have a long history of high reliability, efficiency and quality.
They totalize more than 1 million running hours in 25 years. The 2 poles turbo range is well adapted to hazardous areas.
Our motors can be developed to meet specific customers’ needs in order to cover all compressor or pump operating points, and they are all tested in our manufacturing facility.
- High power, up to 100 MW
- High speed, from 3,000 to 6,500 rpm
- Voltage up to 13.2 kV
- Frequency up to 108 Hz
- Internally cooled field coils
- 2 shaft ends configuration is available to propose amore powerful machine able to drive two equipment
- Well proven vacuum pressure impregnation: increased reliability in harsh environment
- High efficiency up to 98.5% and high reliability, thanks to a stator coils bracing adapted to high frequency and a highly customized electrical design
- Highly rigid frame & bearing arrangement: low vibrations level
- Hazardous area designs (purged & pressurized): increased safety in all environments
- Mechanical modularity: flexible mechanical design with shorter delivery times
Click on card to view
Rotating Machines portfolio
High speed induction motors up to 100 MW
GE Power Conversion’s range of high speed motors provides high quality and reliability with low maintenance and long life.
Large Power Induction Motors (up to 40 MW)
Our induction motors are fully customizable to match our customers requirements at whatever speed, from the method of cooling to the smallest accessory.
Medium Power Induction Motors
Our medium power induction motors' frame and stator have been specially developed to offer a highly efficient cooling, then allowing higher power ratings with smaller frame sizes.
Advanced Induction Motor (AIM) for Naval applications
GE’s Advanced Induction Motor (AIM) solution is a multi-phase, power-dense induction motor specifically configured for naval marine propulsion applications.
Compact Induction Motor (CIM) for Naval applications
GE’s structured naval motor range for electric and hybrid-electric ship propulsion from 4 MW to 24 MW. Using GE Power Conversion’s deep domain know-how to bring efficiency benefits of electric power to naval ships.
Synchronous Motors 4-6 poles
Our synchronous motors are designed and manufactured to operate efficiently in a technologically complex and regulated environment where reliability, availability, and ease of maintenance are critical.
Low Speed Synchronous Motors 8 poles and above
We offer a full range of horizontal and vertical synchronous motors, including direct-drive high torque density motors at speeds as low as 20 rpm.
Helping stabilize weak grids and enable higher penetration of renewable energy