The LV7 Platform is our drive product of choice for industrial applications
Why? Because it does all the things you need well! It’s air-cooled, compact, modular, user friendly, and efficient. LV7 drives can save up to 50% in energy consumption. Other benefits include minimizing downtime, increasing system reliability, improved process control and minimizing total installed project costs. The typical segments in which the drives are used are multiple: Metals, Pulp & Paper, Crane Systems, Mining & Minerals, and Marine.
- Power ratings: 0.25 to 2,000 kW
- Voltage: 380 - 690V AC
- Efficiency: >97% at full load
- Full power and voltage range for induction as well as permanent magnet motors
- Five built-in expansion slots for additional I/O, fieldbus and functional safety boards
- Low harmonic, regenerative front end. Cost-effective non-regenerative front end
- Compact drive modules and easy integration into cabinets
- Same software tool and control option boards allowing the maximum utilization of NXP features over a wide power range
- No additional modules required. Option boards are compact and easy to install at any time
- Optimized drive configurations minimize overall investment cost. Excessive braking energy can be fed back to live AC, saving energy costs
- Optimized module design reduces need for additional engineering and saves cabinet space, reducing overall costs
LV7 Converter Types
Ecodesign Directive - Energy-efficiency information
Note to Ecodesign-Directive 2009/125/EC in conjunction with commission regulation (EU) 2019/1781
The Ecodesign Directive is the framework that sets requirements on all energy-related products within the European Union. Regulations made under this Directive set minimum energy efficiency requirements, ensuring that we reduce the energy consumption and environmental impact of our products. The relevant regulation for motors, AC drives and power drive systems is Regulation (EU) 2019/1781. In the United Kingdom, similar requirements are imposed by Statutory Instrument SI 2021 No. 745.
Under this current directive for Ecodesign details on the LV7000-3, please download the data sheet. All other LV7000 variants are regenerative & DC Bus drive systems according to EU 2019/1781 Art.2 (3) c), hence the requirements in section 3, and point (1), (2), and (5) to (10) of section 4 of Annex 1 shall not apply.
For more information, please contact us directly.
Phased upgrades – low risk, cost-effective
For customers with legacy drives, our engineering drive solution enables a phased upgrade to next generation technology, without having to replace complete systems and large subsystems.
You benefit by:
- Maximum ROI, plant profitability
- Minimize operation and maintenance costs
- Minimize energy consumption
- Minimize plant downtime
- Mitigating control obsolescence through phased installation and spare parts availability.
- Minimizing total installed cost by saving the expense of purchasing, installing and commissioning an entirely new drive system.
- Reducing operating expense and increasing process equipment reliability with improved process control.
Our service capabilities for LV solutions
Most production processes must run continuously without interruptions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We’re there when and where you need us.
Local presence backed by a global GE organization
Our world class Global Customer Service and Support Center is available 24 by 365 days a year. We have strategic distribution centers and authorized distributors that carry extensive inventory for GE Drives. We support your genuine replacement part needs any time or any place.
With a comprehensive global network of service engineers and technicians, GE is uniquely positioned to provide you with the knowledge, experience, and skills for the full range of your industrial service needs. From system design to maintenance and outage support, GE has the resources and capabilities to assure that you are maximizing your equipment's performance and reliability.
Single-source provider for start-up and commissioning of your GE equipment
Proper start-up and commissioning of power distribution and control equipment is vital to the long-term health of an electrical system. Our start-up and commissioning services provide the people and knowledge to complete the job right and on schedule. With GE Power Conversion Start-up and Commissioning Services, you can be assured that your equipment has been installed properly and meets the factory standards for operation.
Field Engineering Services
We offer a complete line of engineering services for:
- Planned and on-demand engineering
- Modifications and upgrades
- Appraisals and studies (see auditing below)
- Project engineering
- GE onsite remote diagnostics
Understanding the health of your drive system lets you plan maintenance, and equipment upgrades to meet productivity objectives. A GE Drives Performance Audit is a comprehensive review of the system and its ability to maintain performance levels. Benefits include:
- Improving system operation and reliability
- Maximizing equipment capacity
- Prolonging equipment life
- Identifying opportunities to optimize equipment performance and spare parts inventory
Our flexible program lets you choose the solution that best fits your schedule and budget:
- Test and certification – affordable option to verify inventory
- Repair/return – most cost effective
- Exchange - fastest method to receive reconditioned parts
- Remanufactured - lower cost alternative to new parts
- New - genuine OEM parts
- Life-cycle solutions - extend the life of your GE drives with: > scheduled GE drive part/service reviews > proactive refurbishment programs > whole drive services
Learn more about LV7
Thanks to its modular design, the LV7 can be very easily adjusted to customer demands such as specific power ratings and dimensions. It is designed for input voltages from 400 V to 690 V and handles dynamically adaptable pulse frequencies of up to 12 kHz. These characteristics allow the converter to supply an almost sinusoidal motor voltage. When paired with a suitable filter, the LV7 also is well-suited for drive-revamping applications because it permits the continued use of existing machines not designed for converter operation. Real time ethernet control components in combination with high output frequencies make the LV8 the option of choice for dynamic high-speed applications.
Power Electronics portfolio
Reduced footprint, fewer parts and increased reliability
LV8 High Performance Modular LV Drives
High performance modular drive for industrial applications
MM7 Modular Multilevel Drives
Modular multilevel converter for various applications, based on proven and mature MV7 technology
Low voltage power conversion and control for global industrial and energy applications
MV6 Low Power Variable Frequency Drives (VSI)
Flexible general purpose medium voltage drive
MV7 Variable Frequency Drives (VSI)
Medium voltage, medium power drive technology for efficient and flexible power control
Powersemi Thyristor Based Converters
High industry standard Powersemi for various applications
SD7000 Drives (LCI)
Drive technology delivering efficient and flexible control of electric power
Static Frequency and Excitation
The combination of Static Excitation Equipment and a Static Frequency Converter enables smooth generator starting while managing grid power variation, with one single interface to the power plant control.
GE’s medium voltage VDM25000 drive is a modular, multiphase naval marine drive, fully shock-rated and available as direct sea water or fresh-water cooled.