Built on extensive rotating machines experience
Build based on 100+ years of experience and know-how we continue to deliver innovative electrical and mechanical power solutions to the world. Our machines efficiently operate in challenging applications and severe environments where reliability and ease of maintenance is critical. A specially designed frame and stator in the C7 that cools so effectively, that higher power ratings are easily achieved by smaller frame sizes.
Fast builds with pre-engineered components
The C7 features a standard set of frame, rotor and stator components that can fit into the majority of common application configurations. This means a faster cycle time to build and more consistent performance results during operation
Standard-built C7 squirrel-cage induction motors operate at 50/60 Hz, with outputs ranging up to 6,000 kW (9,000 HP).
- Designed for direct-on-line or VFD applications
- Rated Ex for use in a hazardous location
- Welded totally enclosed frame construction with air, water and blower-mounted cooling - WPII enclosure also available
- IP 55 standard protection for TEAAC (CACA) or TEWAC (CACW)
- IP24 standard protection for WPII enclosures
- Small footprint due to high power density
- High efficiency to assist with energy savings
- Low vibration enables high reliability and MTBF
- Low noise level to reduce environmental impact
- Available for the various applications: pumps, compressors, fans, refiners, etc.
- Various standards (e.g., IEC, NEMA)
- For the most rigorous specifications (e.g. API 541)
- Also available with multiple international certifications (ATEX, IECEx, CSA and Naval certifications like ABS, DNV, BV, Lloyds)
Rotating Machines portfolio
High Speed Induction Motors up to 100 MW
GE Power Conversion’s range of high speed motors provides high quality and reliability with low maintenance and long life.
Large Power Induction Motors (up to 40 MW)
Our induction motors are fully customizable to match our customers requirements at whatever speed, from the method of cooling to the smallest accessory.
Advanced Induction Motor (AIM) for Naval applications
GE’s Advanced Induction Motor (AIM) solution is a multi-phase, power-dense induction motor specifically configured for naval marine propulsion applications.
Compact Induction Motor (CIM) for Naval applications
GE’s structured naval motor range for electric and hybrid-electric ship propulsion from 4 MW to 24 MW. Using GE Power Conversion’s deep domain know-how to bring efficiency benefits of electric power to naval ships.
High Speed Synchronous Motors 2 poles
Our 2-poles turbo motors range up to 100 MW and 6,500 rpm and they can be developed to meet specific customers’ needs in order to cover all compressor or pump operating points.
Synchronous Motors 4-6 poles
Our synchronous motors are designed and manufactured to operate efficiently in a technologically complex and regulated environment where reliability, availability, and ease of maintenance are critical.
Low Speed Synchronous Motors 8 poles and above
We offer a full range of horizontal and vertical synchronous motors, including direct-drive high torque density motors at speeds as low as 20 rpm.
Helping stabilize weak grids and enable higher penetration of renewable energy