Compact, Flexible Configuration:
- Capable of gas turbine or diesel engine prime mover high torque operation.
- Compact configuration flange mounted, self-lubricating bearings.
- High or low speed operation.
- Closed-air to closed-water cooling circuit, enabling high overall power density
- Integrated operation with SeaPulse MV3000 converter for low noise and vibration signature, and communication with ship systems.
- Probably the quietest motor in the world.
- Key noise suppression features built into drive train.
- Patented noise and vibration features within machine.
- Multi-phase winding arrangement for high redundancy.
- Major components and full machine shock rated, validated by analysis and testing at full scale.
Rotating Machines portfolio
High speed induction motors 100 MW
GE Power Conversion’s range of high speed motors provides high quality and reliability with low maintenance and long life.
Large Power Induction Motors (up to 40 MW)
Our induction motors are fully customizable to match our customers requirements at whatever speed, from the method of cooling to the smallest accessory.
Medium Power Induction Motors
Our medium power induction motors' frame and stator have been specially developed to offer a highly efficient cooling, then allowing higher power ratings with smaller frame sizes.
Advanced Induction Motor (AIM) for Naval applications
GE’s Advanced Induction Motor (AIM) solution is a multi-phase, power-dense induction motor specifically configured for naval marine propulsion applications.
High Speed Synchronous Motors 2 poles
Our 2-poles turbo motors range up to 100 MW and 6,500 rpm and they can be developed to meet specific customers’ needs in order to cover all compressor or pump operating points.
Synchronous Motors 4-6 poles
Our synchronous motors are designed and manufactured to operate efficiently in a technologically complex and regulated environment where reliability, availability, and ease of maintenance are critical.
Low Speed Synchronous Motors 8 poles and above
We offer a full range of horizontal and vertical synchronous motors, including direct-drive high torque density motors at speeds as low as 20 rpm.
Helping stabilize weak grids and enable higher penetration of renewable energy