• An electric motor to meet high voltage, reliability and ruggedness requirements of naval marine performance standards.
• 5-40MW power range, proven on up to 80MW propulsion system; speed range up to 200rpm.
• Features include built-in redundancy (combined with GE’s multi-channel VDM25000 inverter system), high packing density and shock mitigation capability.
- Compact configuration flange mounted, self-lubricating bearings.
- Proven robust squirrel cage induction motor configuration with easily removable items for serviceability, improved maintainability and reliability.
- High and low speed, high torque operation.
- Integrated operation with VDM25000 converter for high power density, resilience and quiet mode capability
- Multi-phase winding arrangement for high redundancy and economical operation.
- Major components and full machine shock rated, validated by analysis and testing of key components
Rotating Machines portfolio
High Speed Induction Motors 100 MW
GE Power Conversion’s range of high speed motors provides high quality and reliability with low maintenance and long life.
Large Power Induction Motors (up to 40 MW)
Our induction motors are fully customizable to match our customers requirements at whatever speed, from the method of cooling to the smallest accessory.
Medium Power Induction Motors
Our medium power induction motors' frame and stator have been specially developed to offer a highly efficient cooling, then allowing higher power ratings with smaller frame sizes.
Compact Induction Motor (CIM) for Naval applications
GE’s structured naval motor range for electric and hybrid-electric ship propulsion from 4 MW to 24 MW. Using GE Power Conversion’s deep domain know-how to bring efficiency benefits of electric power to naval ships.
High Speed Synchronous Motors 2 poles
Our 2-poles turbo motors range up to 100 MW and 6,500 rpm and they can be developed to meet specific customers’ needs in order to cover all compressor or pump operating points.
Synchronous Motors 4-6 poles
Our synchronous motors are designed and manufactured to operate efficiently in a technologically complex and regulated environment where reliability, availability, and ease of maintenance are critical.
Low Speed Synchronous Motors 8 poles and above
We offer a full range of horizontal and vertical synchronous motors, including direct-drive high torque density motors at speeds as low as 20 rpm.
Helping stabilize weak grids and enable higher penetration of renewable energy