Efficient and reliable synchronous inertia
GE’s Rotating Stabilizers are high-inertia rotating machines that can support the grid network in delivering efficient and reliable synchronous inertia and can help stabilize frequency deviations by generating and absorbing reactive power.
Rotating Stabilizers can help reduce emissions and maintain grid performance by providing the same synchronous inertia as coal or gas power plants without the associated CO2 emissions and high running costs.
This flexible technology can be deployed as/when required by the system operator.
GE’s Rotating Stabilizers have three operating modes:
EXTENDED SYSTEM SERVICES
- The Rotating Stabilizer can provide several services including Synchronous Inertia Response (SIR), Steady/Dynamic Reactive Power, (SSRP/DRP) and an option for Fast Frequency Response (FFR) with larger converters
- Supports the network grid when increasing non-synchronous penetration, and with wide scale distributed generation
- Similar grid support capabilities as a CCGT power station
- No grid disturbance with variable speed drive start.
- Based upon mature hydro power generator technology to deliver high reliability and low maintenance
CO-LOCATED DISTRIBUTED GENERATION
- Improves grid connection agreement and reduce overall costs
- Stability at point of nonsynchronous generation
- Voltage support to enable more active power
Extended Power Quality Offering
Our wide range of electrification solutions include motors, generators and power electronics-based turbine starting static frequency converters (SFC) and static excitation equipment (SEE), variable speed drive systems for power plant auxiliary systems, MVDC, power quality systems and automation and controls.
Rotating Machines portfolio
High Speed Induction Motors up to 100 MW
GE Power Conversion’s range of high speed motors provides high quality and reliability with low maintenance and long life.
Large Power Induction Motors (up to 40 MW)
Our induction motors are fully customizable to match our customers requirements at whatever speed, from the method of cooling to the smallest accessory.
Medium Power Induction Motors
Our medium power induction motors' frame and stator have been specially developed to offer a highly efficient cooling, then allowing higher power ratings with smaller frame sizes.
Advanced Induction Motor (AIM) for Naval applications
GE’s Advanced Induction Motor (AIM) solution is a multi-phase, power-dense induction motor specifically configured for naval marine propulsion applications.
Compact Induction Motor (CIM) for Naval applications
GE’s structured naval motor range for electric and hybrid-electric ship propulsion from 4 MW to 24 MW. Using GE Power Conversion’s deep domain know-how to bring efficiency benefits of electric power to naval ships.
High Speed Synchronous Motors 2 poles
Our 2 poles turbo motors range up to 100 MW and 6,500 rpm and they can be developed to meet specific customers’ needs in order to cover all compressor or pump operating points.
Synchronous Motors 4-6 poles
Our synchronous motors are designed and manufactured to operate efficiently in a technologically complex and regulated environment where reliability, availability, and ease of maintenance are critical.
Low Speed Synchronous Motors 8 poles and above
We offer a full range of horizontal and vertical synchronous motors, including direct-drive high torque density motors at speeds as low as 20 rpm.