Static Frequency & Excitation
The combination of Static Excitation Equipment (SEE) and a Static Frequency Converter (SFC) enables smooth generator starting while managing grid power variation, with one single interface to the power plant control.
GE Power Conversion’s SEE can be tailored to many types and sizes of power plants, synchronous condensers, and hydro plants. Our sleek and modular design supports your operations even if space is limited. We provide performance upgrades of your existing systems, help increasing the reliability of power plants and supporting the efficiency of your operations.
- Combined SFC/SEE system
- Modular design based on generator supplier requirements
- One control system and hardware platform
- Minimal footprint
- Reduced time for installation and commissioning
- Combined spare parts package
- Obsolescence Management – Upgrades (CMUs)
- Studies for conversions to synchronous condenser with SFC and SEE
- Grid studies