VS Induction Generators
Turbine operation at peak efficiency over a large range of heads and flows
GE is the only company offering induction generators with these power ratings. The variable speed machine allows turbine operation at peak efficiency over a large range of heads and flows. GE offers an integrated system solution combining the induction generator with a converter and also the electrical balance of plant.
Having a proven track record and experience in supplying induction machines for numerous different applications (mine hoists, propulsion motors for marine, high powered motors in Oil & Gas), GE's induction generator has been chosen as the preferred technology for the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon Project.
- Tidal Lagoon Power Plant developers
- Variable Speed Pump Storage developers
- Variable Speed Hydro schemes
Features & Benefits:
- Robust and simple rotor construction with no insulated components
- Readily able to withstand the turbine runaway speed
- Smaller envelope
- Minimal maintenance and reduced downtime
- One piece VPI’d stator
- Economic solution with high availability and reliability
- Up to 30% saving compared to the equivalent synchronous machine
- Maximizes energy production through use of variable speed enabling up to 50% more energy output
- Simplicity of construction and operation
- Allows operation over an extended range of heads and flows
- Machine can be used for pumping as well as generation
- Optimized speed of operation to maximize efficiency in both generating and pumping operation
How can we help you?