- All lines fully inverter-duty capable
- NEMA Premium Efficient - all lines
- Low temperature rise, Class H insulation
- Precision RCF data (+/- 5%)
- Improved axial ball ratchet systems for better equipment protection
- Effective WPI rodent protection
- Rugged and reliable cast iron construction
- Thrust capability 25% above industry standard for deep well applications
- No water cooling required
- Expanded 449 frame MV capability
- SRC couplings available on stock motors
- Insulated bearing and AEGIS SGR Standard
- Extended bearing life able to meet 100,000 hour (~12 year) requirement
- Standard WPI available in 575V rating
- 3 Year Warranty
Industry leading coil insulation system
GE pump motors are manufactured standard with a GEGARD2400 insulation system. This system exceeds NEMA MG1-31 (which is 3.1 times the nameplate voltage) for motors operating on inverters. This insulation system is comprised of class H materials. The combination of this and the varnish process provides a typical Corona Inception Voltage of 2400 volts peak with a rise time of 0.1 seconds.
Innovative patented air-cooling technology
GE engineers found a better way to air cool bearings in larger frame TEFC motors. The design improvements result in an amazing ~30 degrees C temperature reduction helping to dramatically extend bearing and winding life.
With a class H insulation, cast aluminum top hat, multi-direction cast in lifting lugs, oversized cast iron conduit box, aluminum anti-rodent screens and heavy-duty cast-iron frame, the WPI Ultra is the most robust vertical hollow shaft motor in the industry.
GE high thrust vertical pump motors have, on average, 20% higher thrust and extended performance than any other similar product in the industry. As a result, motors in all deep well applications applications can be air-cooled with any bearing configuration.
GE is constantly making improvements in component and manufacturing standardization. The Ultra Series TEFC and WPI designs use many of same components and all make use of proven X$D Ultra electrical designs resulting in some of the fastest custom cycle times in the industry.
Industries: The hollow shaft high thrust design is intended for deep-well pump applications. Solid shaft motors are designed to operate in pump applications including in-line, booster, centrifugal, non-clog, and vertical turbines under extreme conditions for the petrochemical, pulp and paper, waste-water treatment and material processing industries.