GE’s Power Conversion drives can substantially improve the quality and efficiency of your process or production. GE’s Dynamic Static VAR Compensators use a proven technology that provides power quality and productivity. GE offers both Thyristor Controlled Reactor (TCR) as well as IGBT based Dynamic VAR compensators (D-SVC) for lowering grid disruptions due to heavy-duty reactive loads.
Features & Benefits:
- Flicker reduction factor > 4: Dynamic operation that digitally compensates for voltage fluctuation.
- Modular Design: Based on established MV7000 drive technology.
- N + 1 redundancy: Continued operation of one inverter fails.
- Cost savings: Refractory wear and electrode consumption reduced.
- Safety: No high voltage, no metallic screens necessary for civil works.
- Reliability: Designed to resist severe transients.